Pages

About Me

My photo
At present I am retired and spending my time mostly on fishing and photography. I bought my first SLR way back in 1982. It was a Minolta XG1. My last film camera was the Maxxum 9000. When the fantastic Sony Alpha 100 was launched, I changed over to the digital system. My Alpha 580 was acquired followed closely by my Alpha 77.

My main interest in photography is lifestyles, sports, sceneries, nature, birds and macro shots. Lately, I have spend more time on bird and nature shooting. As a regular contributer to some fishing magazines, I shoot quite a lot of photographs of anglers too....hence my photography blog is named 'SHOOT THE HOOKER'.



Having grown up near the confluence of two, the Kangsar and the Perak Rivers, it is not surprising that one of my main interest is fishing. My younger days were spent swimming and fishing.... with a bamboo pole, line and small hooks.Now while fishing, my friends and I do take a lot of photographs of anglers in action. The anglers must be careful so as not to accidentally hook on to a photographer. So I think as a reminder, I would like to name my fishing blog as 'HOOK THE SHOOTER'.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Race Day At The Perak Turf Club, Ipoh, Perak.

   Taiping, the former capital of the Silver State of Perak, was the oldest town in Malaysia. The site of the first horse racing event was held here in 1886. In 1926, with the rapid growth of Ipoh, the club was re sited here. The Perak Turf Club (PTC) can be considered as the cradle of Malaysian horse racing.

   The old premises was demolished in 1964 rebuilt in 1967. A team of Australian architects designed the present grandstand and the club was declared open by His Royal Highness, The Sultan of Perak in 1971.

  The unique and majestic twin tower of the club overlooks the winning post. With Gunung Korbu, the highest peak of Main Range, as its background, it is a great attraction for photographers.

   The PTC also houses the Perak Equestrian Club, which is the indisputable leader in equestrian sport in the state of Perak



Field staff members were scanned for hidden handphones and other communication gadgets.










Weighing in of jockeys.








Horses were being led out just before the race.








Just before entering the starting gates. The main building and its tower could be seen in the background.







Out shot the horses and their riders.








Fighting for the lead.








At the home turn.









Hitting the straight.









Almost there.





Link: http://www.perakturfclub.my/about_history.php





No comments:

Post a Comment